Saturday, August 2, 2008

water firsts!

The past few days have been all sorts of water fun!
We visited the Newport Beach that J and I hung out at the summer we met here in RI. It was Aiden's first visit to the beach although he is used to playing in the big sandy area at school. He stomped through the chilly ocean, squinted at the bright sun, and then took a snooze as we walked along the cliff walk.
First Beach Trip:

FirstBeachTrip from LB on Vimeo.
Or visit:http://vimeo.com/1457631
Then his first swim class was this Saturday morning (Daddy jumped in with him because of my hurt foot, so I was all over the camera. Although I was super jealous of the other couples that could swap time back and forth... one of the couples had a almost nine month little boy and I recognized them from our birth class! I have a feeling we'll get a chance to get to know them better). The teacher used songs to "introduce the child to the water through play". There was just all sorts of cuteness and I taped over 2/3 of the class, but here it is cut down to the favorite moments.
Our Little Frog's First Swim class:

FirstSwim from Lauren Brennan on Vimeo.
Or visit:http://vimeo.com/1455435

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay - I remember our Newport Beach trips in the summer of '01! What great videos. Thanks for sharing. Baby Aiden is SO CUTE!!

Anna said...

Looks like Aiden is ready for his trip to the beach with the super clique next fall:)