Aiden had his first Mother Goose class at the library this afternoon. He got a seat in this program at the Barrington Library without any problem, but the Seekonk Library has us in their ultra competitive lottery. (We'll see if he gets a seat in that one at the end of the month - I felt like they were going to ask us to write an essay on the benefits of reading to get in or something because they make it seem so exclusive. I'm imagining that it must be pretty darn good.) The timing of the class he did manage to get a spot in was right around nap time, so we were a little worried we were going to have a sleepy baby. I went along on my lunch hour this week (I miss out on so many of his fun classes, so I was glad I could get away to check it out), but most of the time J will take him. He was bright and peppy as we stepped into the children's area. He got excited about their pet hamster named Happy and this strange book called "When We Married Gary" (which had to be written in the seventies).
Then it was time to go into the tiered step classroom. He stomped around a bit and really was super engaged with the rhyme time, songs, and books that Ms Lisa read. The first book had flaps and they revealed little eggs. Aiden was so excited about it, and he made me a little nervous when he was trying to jump out of my lap at the book. I think his favorite was when everyone was given a shaker to sing the jingle song. He did settle into the structured routine and I think he'll really get a lot out of it. It will be a good way to break up all the outside play this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment