Tuesday, July 27, 2010

good list

I think Aiden's good list would include sleeping bags!  We hyped up the excitement so that he will sleep on his own in a sleeping bag in the hotels and he loved it because it seemed like fun.  The particular bag I found online is for hot weather so it "breathes" and doesn't make him too hot.  

We recently picked up two classic Milton Bradley games: Don't Break the Ice and Don't Spill the Beans.  Don't Break the Ice was a quick favorite.  He usually tries to spill the beans and break the ice instead of trying now to ;)  When we were home in Ohio we were organizing old home movies and there was video of my family playing it together on Christmas 1985.  Classic.
"Books on the computer puhlease!"  I found this wegivebooks.org site, which donates a book to whichever cause you pick every time you read a book online.  There is a pretty good variety of books and Aiden loves clicking the button to turn the page all by himself.

While I was away on girl's weekend, J and Aiden had a great boys weekend. I heard a lot from Aiden about the splashy pad, the playground, and the Despicable Me movie. He got to visit all the typical fun places, and the highlight of my missing-out-on-the-fun was the opening of a cupcakes shop in Federal Hill called Cup 'n Rol - sounds like Rock 'n Roll, so the cupcakes must rock right?  I asked J if he would snap photos, and I expected photos of Aiden stuffing a cake in his trap, but I got these shop shots and a report that the mini sample cakes were dry.  I'm ready to head back and try it for myself.
Aiden is finally excited about using his computers to play the actual games on them instead of just pushing the buttons that make the most noise possible.  He loves the orange computer puzzle matching  game and knows better than I do how to get to the game.


2 comments:

Allison said...

hi lauren, maybe you already know about this but starfall.com is a cute site where kids can read/listen to books on-line and play little games. i know my niece and my students LOVE it!

LB said...

Cool - I'll have to check it out - Thanks Allison!