Here is my old desk. I'm calling it my old desk because I'm giving it up. I'm going to be ever so slowly walking away from this desk (and that balance ball chair I never gave up from my pregnancy) over the next few months. This desk has logged many hours of editing and creating. This desk has moved a few times since I've been here. This desk was harder to give up than I expected.
Last month, I officially resigned from my full time gig. Next week, I will go part time to help out with the transition for a few months (at least until December). I have a good feeling that this is the right thing for me...for J...and most importantly for Aiden. Aiden will still start school as planned, but he will only go in the mornings just like the other stay-at-home families. I will finish my RISD photography portfolio, kick start some freelance work, join a quilt group, and invest in some mom outlets that I can be proud of even if they don't earn any money at all. I'm lucky that I have this opportunity. I'm also lucky that I didn't hear all these opinions about working versus stay-at-home until after my decision was made. Everyone makes a different decision that works for them. All I know is that I will now be living by this -
(Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. - Thanks R for posting this at just the right time not too long ago).
This is my last full-time Friday! TGIF!

6 comments:
Love the quote. Here is to starting your next exciting chapter in life! Does this mean we get to talk on the phone daily now:)
Thanks A! Sounds good! I'm betting I use my cell more without a job than I did with!
Congratulations! I'm super jealous! And I, too, love the quote!
Good for you! Cheers to much happiness in all your new endeavors!
This is great news Lauren! So happy for you and a great decision! I can't wait to hear about the quilting and all your new endeavors! xoxo - R
Wow i have been out of the loop! So excited for this new adventure for you - I know you will fill your days with so many amazing things and Aiden will benefit so much from this opportunity!
Post a Comment