Thursday, April 7, 2011

doc

KC had a great first visit to the doctor at four days old.  I think I literally clapped my hands together when I saw that he's already back up to his birth weight of 5 lbs 10 ozs (which usually takes two to three weeks, but they said it was thanks to my "mature milk" coming in early - I think that mature milk makes it sound like a cow ready to go out to pasture, so it makes me laugh).  He also grew a 1/4 inch and was measured at 19 inches.  A sign of second time parenting is that neither J or I can remember his head circumference.  I'll have to get it recorded next time.  If everything continues to go well, we will see her again at one month.

He was very alert for the doc and hardly protested the cold stethoscope.  He did pee on the doc, and she nicely declared that he's definitely well hydrated.  When he was in the hospital he pooed for the doc, and he was even nice enough to change it for us.  He's a champion of filling his tiny little diapers and the gentlest nursing rockstar (I've been so comfy versus last time).  We are feeling so lucky that our dreams of an easy baby seem to be coming true!

The doctor asked how Aiden was adjusting.  I think he's honestly done so well.  He's mostly distracted by his grandparents and basking in all the attention.  His favorite attention getter is putting on rockstar shows for us.  He occasionally shows an interest in the baby, but he's been coughing so I'm glad to keep them as separate as possible.  On our second night home he actually woke up coughing and threw up, so he missed school the next day (they have a strict rule) even though it was clear he felt fine.  Lucky duck just got some extra time with his grandparents.  We are so grateful to have them here!

Here's our rockstar brother:

No comments: