They just opened the new National Children's Museum. We decided to check it out since the weather has shifted around here. It was a pretty simple place, but Aiden and KC seemed to really like it. Keep it simple and kids will love it seems to be a trend in child development lately. Aiden spent the most time loading suitcases based on descriptions of different vacation destinations. Now if I could only get him to pack his own bag for Gran and Pop's house ;) Although I'm worried he might bring books in place of underwear...
I liked the three crafts the museum offered - button making, paper beads, and hungry caterpillar stick puppets. The only thing that threw me off a bit was this "emergency notification" system where the kids were supposed to report a faux fire they saw burning in the window above. It essentially had Aiden jumping around screaming "Fire! Fire!" into the intercom in a public place - which I thought was something to discourage?! And second mild complaint was the bunk beds they have in the home setup...um, dangerous with so many kids climbing all over the place for short mommies?! It seems every children's museum I've ever been to has a pizza parlor set up - I wonder if this is true?!



No comments:
Post a Comment