Monday, November 30, 2015

new mary wash

The campus is very familiar, yet so much has changed in the nearly 20 years since I set foot on it for the first time.  That first time we walked along that long campus walk around Easter time, the sky suddenly opened up with giant hail balls that chased us back to our van - the big Astro mother ship. I received Mary Wash's acceptance letter first and far before it was expected, and that initial excitement of a real college acceptance was awesome.  I found my very first lifelong college friend in the line waiting to get our keys, and I sent him a photo of the swanky new campus center that is hardly recognizable from the cinder block palace we spent so much time in back in the day. The three story glass staircase leads to some really awesome looking dining options and student activity offices with a view. Looking forward to our 15th college reunion this upcoming June!

No comments: