Mom, I’m out of pants! I oh-so-frequently hear you say this as you stand in front of a drawer full of not-so-favorite pants. Turns out your favorite pants aren’t in the laundry either, but are about two inches too short and are already headed off to your cousin buddies. Your legs are even achey lately because of all the growing! You were so, so excited to technically be big enough to ride without a booster seat and turned on the seat warmer in April just because you couldn’t wait to check it out.
You were so excited to pass out donuts to all your classmates, favorite teachers, librarians, and principals. I had a chance to go around with you and watch you interact, pick out treats, and express your gratitude. It is always a joy to see you feel grateful because you feel everything so, so much. I can always tell how you feel and you try to understand how others around you feel. I hope you turn your big emotions into empathy and big will power to help those around you as you get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment