Sunday, August 18, 2019

birthday

A surprise at the end of a great birthday!
Genuine thanks for the birthday wishes! Sam and Tre, thanks so much for going out of your way to make my day! Wow, closing out another decade... and I feel so grateful for all the people surrounding me with their love, laughter, and even their tears. It’s been such a joyful and heartbreaking year full of lessons on how resilient people can be. When I ended a great birthday yesterday (at what I thought was going to be my friend’s welcome back party that they turned into a surprise birthday treat for me! Whaaat, I’m so grateful for all those birthday hugs!) and the thunder showed up uninvited at our pool party, we just rolled with it and moved that party inside... and that’s what I’m going to continue to do: roll with the thunder and try to catch some lightning on the way!

No comments: