Sunday, July 20, 2008

tubby time!

Yesterday was the first time we really filled up the bath and pulled out all the bath toys for some true tubby time! Aiden's always loved the bath, even on those cold winter days when it was more of a sponge bath. We usually just pour water over him with a cup and the tub only fills a tiny bit. One parent (usually daddy) is on cup duty monitoring how warm the water is and keeping the water flowing to keep him warm and occupied...while the other parent is scrubbing with the soap, putting on the penguin visor for head rinses, and making sure he's all clean and fresh. It's been a rare occasion when we haven't been able to give him a family scrub, but I do realize this isn't necessarily a two person job.

Bath time is usually pretty quick, but as Aiden gets more active and independent we realized that he'd probably really like to splash around. It's a nice way to cool off on these hot days too. This bath time included bubbles, whistling hippos (thanks J!), and foam letters (thanks B!). We took him out before his toes and fingers became too wrinkly, but I'm betting he'd like to just stay in there all the time.

Here's some tubby time video. The flip auto video on "playdate" features these little cheesy clip art snippets, but I still think it's fun. It pieces together the video in random ways and I think it's fun to see what you get. You'll see the first underwater shots of Aiden's feet with the ultra underwater cover - It leaked, but the camera survived! Tested it without the camera and it remained sealed... who knows - I don't plan to use it immersed again (at least not without backup and not to 30 feet like it says you can!) but it's a good cover for taking the camera to the pool or beach.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Super cute! I love the underwater feet shot.