Today was the Winter Program at Aiden's school. I was really looking forward to it and really hoping that he wouldn't get sick or miss it somehow. I got especially excited because Aiden told me he was doing a solo dressed as a christmas tree. I was skeptical and asked him what and solo was, and he responded "oh mama, a solo is when you sing by yourself!" (as if I was so silly for not knowing) Then I asked him what he was singing and he coyly said, "That's not for talking about at home." So the teachers must have told them to keep quiet so it was a surprise ;)
Turns out that they had the class sing a "solo" of I'm a Little Snowflake with the bigger primary kids as back up singers. There was no christmas tree costume to be found, so that must have been the result of an active imagination from a tricky kid. Aiden spent about 20% of the time actually singing, 20% of the time yawning with his lips pursed like he was singing, 25% staring off into space blankly, 5% actually laying his head down on the back of his chair, 10% pulling on his shirt rubbing his rumbly tummy (which was ready for you know what), and 10% making faces at his daddy, 5% bowing a tiny bit, and 5% waving and smiling at us.
Here is my "coverage" which I wasn't terribly happy with because I felt like I missed some really cute moments when my shot was taken over by hair, etc and when I was getting still photos instead. Turns out that the front row seats are auctioned off at their Parent Fundraiser every year, and the second row was already full an hour before the show started! Crazy parents are crazier than me ;)
Winter Program from LB on Vimeo.
Here is the better coverage overall from the other camera J held while standing against the wall on the side, but it's a "grandparent cut" meaning it's loooong. My favorite is at about 4:30 in when they sing, "Music Makes Me Sing":
We continued the musical day with a visit to a new music class that used the whole Nutcracker suite. It was so much fun to see Aiden get so excited to march like a mouse, which he immediately said was his favorite part. Here is a blurb from the invitation - "You're invited to sample a class at our celebrated "Nutcracker Ballet" open house. Experience music in a whole new way as we march with the mice, dance with the Sugar Plum Fairy, sing with Mother Ginger’s children, and travel through the Land of the Snow."
3 comments:
Ok that is just super cute, love the tie too! And I think my favorite is how you break down what A was doing-- I mean really, it is still what grow-ups do at work meetings:)
You are so right! Especially the staring off into space part ;)
haha! good analogy anna! i like when A gets distracted by his zipper too. he's great little performer. too bad there weren't any DANCE solos!
Post a Comment