![]() |
| 33 weeks after quilting |
She also checked my cervix and I was one centimeter dilated and the baby is "engaged" - slow down kid! She joked that there was no question that he's head down. So that just means he has long legs and really likes stretching out side to side. I'm not looking forward to walking around dilated again, but she said it's common for second pregnancies to be dilated early (especially since I dilated early last time). So, look forward to a little cone head baby Brennan again ;)I have been paranoid this whole pregnancy of bed rest or anything that takes my freedom away. A good side effect of this anxiety is that I make the most of every moment I feel good. Seriously, I think there have been a few days where I've actually managed to tucker Aiden out. I've also been pretty good at distracting myself with random things, like mundane things like organizing my retirement accounts or more fun things like quilting.
I had a chance to go to a quilting workshop to create what I consider my very first real quilt. It has a pattern and strips! The fabrics that I had were mostly from visiting a Kona fabric store on our honeymoon to Hawaii nearly seven years ago. They are random hawaiian prints that I just squirreled away under our bed, moved across the country, and unearthed hoping they would coordinate together somehow in a quilt. According to the quilt workshop coordinator they were "perfect" for this pattern because it's great with a random montage of color and pattern. I owe J a huge thanks for taking Aiden to storytime and the playground while I gabbed with my quilting friends. Also, thanks to him in the photo above my quilt has a cute new haircut and could run away at any moment ;) - you can click the photos to see them larger.


No comments:
Post a Comment