Tuesday, April 24, 2012

meadow muck

It was a decent day for a field trip to H.untley Meadows Park... Temperatures rose quickly in the morning and it felt nice in the sun.  KC fell asleep almost immediately in the ergo as we began what turned out to be a nearly two mile walk.  The turtles and frogs were sunning themselves at a distance.  The muskrats came out to munch in front of us.  The geese were not happy to see the group of 25 preschoolers tromping down the board walk. They promptly pooed throughout the area, which some kids tramped through... Then just when I started thinking - oh I guess this no railing thing is going to be ok because these kids are staying pretty calm - one poor little guy stepped back and landed in the muck.  Yep, waist deep in the muck and another mom fished him out quickly.  I missed the hubbaloo, as did his dad, who luckily was there to make sure he was ok.  I was determined that the kids in "my group" were not going to fall in on my watch after seeing that poor gucky gooed guy.  You will see a turtle enjoying the muck in the far bottom right.

No comments: