Well, this may fall into the what was I thinking category, but as I was planning fall activities and thinking about what Aiden likes to do, I found a choir that rehearses nearby. Only tricky part was this choral group had a 5-8 year old age bracket. I figured I would ask if Aiden could join even though he's not quite 5 yet. They asked if he could read and I said yes, so they said he could come in for an informal voice check, all he would need to do was sing Happy Birthday according to the low key email. When we arrived there were big audition signs and a little girl before us dressed like a flower girl, I immediately felt silly and a little nervous. The good news is that Aiden had a good time copying the director and playing her rhythm games. He did not have 'another song he'd like to share' after his rendition of Happy Birthday, but he did squawk out one stanza of His Turkey Tango song. I do think he would enjoy singing with a group, so we will see 'how he placed' in their programs... I sure didn't expect it to be so serious, but we can always try again next year... And maybe I'm just being pessimistic because he wasn't dressed in his mini tuxedo... But at least I didn't feel like a stage mom ;)
I did record a few snippets for his daddy to hear. You can see he was having a good time when he gives me a thumbs up around 50 seconds. Before it was his turn he was a little excited, but he wrangled in the goofball and followed directions well. We will see.... but here are some snaps of what PopPop calls his barricuda smile boy getting all jazzed up for "his choir practice"... He was mostly just happy I told him he could have Lucky Charms for dessert.
Update: Good News! The choir director confirmed that he got a spot in the choir for this season starting next week! Whew, I am excited for some cute little concerts ;)

4 comments:
Congrats to Dog!! We figured he would get in when we heard this over facetime - it is good for his age. Looking forward to concerts.
PopPop and GranGran
Oooh, it will be such fun to have you visit for the concerts!
Too cute, Aiden's a natural...I love that he's not nervous. Ask your Mom when I had to sing at the church as a youngster, I was a wreck.
No Karaoke Lulu
Thx! We can bust out the Disney singalong Wii game for karaoke Lulu ;)
Post a Comment