
Dear Keaton,
You like to imitate me and say, "Have a good one!" I think this month was a good one. It kicked off with a visit to your favorite "coot" baby cousin. I think hearing you say, "Hi coot babeee" will be etched in my memory. Your first fireworks display was just icing on a big fun family cake. It really blew your mind when some of that family fun came to visit us in our new home here in Virginia.
As I was working on emptying a big box, you asked, "How can I help mama?" just like your sweet daddy and all the other helpful people like your Gran and Pop. You are really a good helper at getting all your clothes in the laundry and days are numbered to when you can do your own laundry, eh?!

You looooved the fireworks display back in Ohio. I wasn't sure how it would go since it started about two hours after we are usually in bed reading stories and winding down the day. When I told you we were going to the fireworks you asked what they were so I showed you a display on youtube. You seemed a little concerned about what was going on in the sky.

But you were all in with the plan to take a long wagon ride with your brother as the sun was setting and the lighting bugs were coming out. Your brother kept explain how fun the big booms are and someone in the neighborhood set some off as we were walking. That preview thrilled both of you and I knew you were going to enjoy the rest of what your brother dubbed the "jumping boom tigers." You are equally excited every time you hear the Fireworks song come on too.

We've been loving the swim club just a half block away from our new house. You love waddling over there in your suit and drip drying on the way home in your hooded towel. We even went after dinner once and you announced "the dark is coming!" on the way home. Your favorite night time books are the Pokey Little Puppy and the "Genie book" which is Aladdin. You like to give a full sleepy time rundown when I put you down for nap. This chatty time is one of my favorites, and you are usually telling a story that starts with "I really have fun..." which is usually filled with stories about memorable things like the time your rode a "giddyup horsey!"

You love playing with your little figure guys and saying "uh oh, not again!" You also have a pretty cute "wuh, wuh, waah" sound effect when something goes wrong. Your favorite guys shifted from toy story characters to these astronaut plastic guys. It's too bad we can't get you hooked on some bigger toys because you love to lose those guys in your bed sheets.

Everything that is good gets an "oooo, shiny!" reaction including a fresh cup of juice or the pool on a warm day. You remembered and asked specifically for me to dig out the marble race because the shiny marbles are your favorite. Every box of old toys I unpacked felt like Christmas because you were thrilled to see some of your favorites, like the old drum, kitty piano, and doggie guitar. There were also some treats that you've already outgrown like the dino stomping costume.

If you are tired and a little delirious instead of getting fussy lately you will sweetly ask me to "tell me a joke pretty please, pretty please..." or "I have a joke mama listen!" Or my favorite giggle puss moment was when you asked me to cuddle your face with all seriousness. "Pretty please" does have a threshold were you can say it too much and you've tested that out.

If I'm sitting on the ground, you've taken to jumping on my back and yelling ride! You giggle up a storm as we jump around the room. Then when I put you down you run like a chimp with your shoulders hunched a little bit and your arms flailing. Your "do the baby bop" moves are also still around, but now they have a big jump in the mix.

You threw an epic fit when I said we didn't have our swim suits to go to the water park at the amusement park we drove to in Pennsylvania. You were genuinely peeved that after days of dreaming about water parks you weren't going to be able to go to the coolest one you'd seen in person. But you eventually came around when you saw the choo choo train and the other rides.

You loved the froggie hopper and the SS Wally glide ride the most. But the big park train and the little wheel powered trains were a close second. Your excitement to ride next to your brother resulted in bumping your head on the steering rail of the motorcycle ride, but it was mostly a successful first visit to the "riiiide park!"

You like to tell people what to do lately, but you are mostly sweet about it. "Aiden, wear dis pirate hat and come get me!" - "I ready for open arm cuddle please!" - "Pull his ear" while holding out your doggie friend - "Daddy monster me!" when you want to be chased around. If someone won't chase you, you try to chase them. It's funny to see you try to sneak up on someone. Your ready to pounce face makes me laugh.

You are mostly a summer crocs kid, but your new gymboree sharkie shoes are so darn cute. There is room to grow so those sharkies can stomp around this fall too. You love wearing your hand me down jammies with the orange elephant. You pretty much would prefer to put your swim suit on first thing every day. I just wish the pool opened earlier.

All notes and letters are missions! Since your brother likes to pretend to unveil a secret mission by reading it from an envelope, whenever I get the mail you think I have a big pile of missions waiting to be uncovered. At first I wasn't quite sure what got you so excited when I grabbed the mail as you hopped around yelling "Midsssons!" You and your brother love pretending especially when hiding under a blanket or what you call the "secret time machine"

The favorite make believe game you'd play with your brother is "Secret Spies" where you dress like pirates for a disguise and find gold (yellow paper cutouts your brother makes) with paper towel roll telescopes. You've dubbed yourself the "Gadget Matey" that wears a spy pirate hat and carries wood play hammers and screwdrivers.

Sometime you ask funny questions. "Mommy, What do I have in my mouth?" [sticks out tongue] You giggle when I tell you that is your tongue. "Mommy, why does that bug want to live in Keaton's house? I take him outside!" You actually managed to get a bug on your book and took him outside. Your brother said you deserve a bug man certificate.

You were such a big boy at your first dentist visit, and I still can't get over the power of your brother's influence. At restaurants, you've graduated out of the high chair to the booster seat or just the regular seat. You still love ordering your favorite noodles at Orso. When we tied a white cloth napkin around your neck, you said "I look like Santa Claus!" It's Christmas in July!


No comments:
Post a Comment