Friday, October 11, 2013

family photos

I say this every year, but I somehow cannot resist $12 Groupons to a photo studio (which I accidently bought two this year?!).  It's sorta like market research to see what I'm up against when I do family portraits (lesson: the photos end up being so expensive I should be charging more!). Well, my boys were ridiculously good for the full family shots and just plain ridiculous when we tried to get shots of just the two of them.  I discovered that letting Aiden be the art director and pick out whatever honky tonk prop he wanted worked some magic.  Both of them sorta looking at the camera, KC staying in one place, and at least one of them not looking drunk - key to this level of success was a fake apple, who knew?!  Overall, when you collage them together it looks like a bunch of pretty good shots.  I'm sharing a bunch, but there is another shot (Aiden's favorite) that I'm saving since it is on it's way old fashioned snail mail style to a few mailboxes.  It involves fake pumpkins and a wagon - don't worry I'll archive it here eventually.

No comments: