Tuesday, August 12, 2014

tidbits

Little bits of life I'd like to remember:

We found the food trucks near Tysons!  We only had to search for over 40 minutes, but hey, we don't give-up easily when there are potential donuts as rewards.  The boys were my eyes as I drove around trying to find this huge groups of trucks - It was funny because they weren't really sure what a food truck looked like, but boy they were sure when we finally drove around the corner and found them!  They were out of the peanut butter glazed donut once we got there ;( it's popular for a reason, so we will be back!  In the meantime, I snapped these picks of a satisfied Aiden with his cinnamon glaze and and skeptical Keaton with his creme brûlée - which I loved but he thought the crispy edge was burnt, but wanted to lick out all the cream.

After dinner family tennis is great on mild days.  This summer is spoiling us with such great weather.  Now if we can just keep the bugs away…  Keaton runs around with his backpack playing ball boy while we try to avoid hitting him.  Aiden after so many weeks in tennis clinics really plays.
The make and take crafts at AC Moore are pretty fun.  The sculpy monsters the boys made looked just like Lego Mixel guys.

Play dates with Keaton's school continue - this time with a fun visit to the school playground. The bike path around the playground was hopping.  We also went to a fun neighborhood street party for National Night Out where the boys made friends very quickly with some new neighbors. Keaton is just like Aiden making friends with all the big girls that take good care of him.

We had a weekend of comedy where I went to a long-anticipated Seinfeld show at the Kennedy Center with my friend.  He was even funnier than I though he'd be with all new to me stuff.  Dinner on the Terrace ahead of the show was such a treat too!  Then I impulse purchased a very last minute single seat for J to attend the Jim Gaffigan show just up the road at Wolf Trap.

We had an invite to try out a new toy prototype at the Think Fun factory.  Aiden was thrilled by the laser challenge and very interested in the homemade parts they used for the test drive.  He was even more thrilled when they took us to the room full of all their games and told the boys that they could pick out whatever they wanted!  We took home three fun games including the brand new Robot Turtles which is a huge hit already.  It teaches kids the basic principles of programming and I think Aiden is really their target audience and it's amazing how Keaton catches on… I love games they can both play.

No comments: