Here are some Friday Flashbacks for ya! Before and Afters of some house projects. We still have some touchups with painted trim, etc… but the major changes in these three big projects are so refreshing! Aiden likes to joke with me that I like to "customize" everything. Keaton declared that houses are made out of countertops and told me we need to cover more stuff with countertop ;) That little guy was such a good boy on our numerous trips back and forth to the tile and countertop shops.
I fell in love with this quartz Cambria Blackwood countertop (dark sleek from a distance for good contrast with our light cabinets, with good interest up close and won't show every smudge or crumb) - Our installer had to special order it for us, but I'm so glad we found it! I'm having a tough time getting good photos with all the crazy lighting, but you get the idea….but it's so much better in person. The marble subway tile is more subtle in person than these photos, and I'm really happy with the really natural look and variety.

This fireplace was benign enough that I don't think everyone noticed it, but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb. The hearth had some sort of dried up glue on top of the broken terra-cotta tile that seems to be a Virginia signature hearth (who knows why?) The painted yellow brick had rust bleeding through in parts, blah! I picked a mixed glass tile and a bluestone hearth. On a whim I asked him if he could install it on the vertical and wrap it around the edge. Up close it now looks almost like a pillar going down the inside edge.

The stairs transformation from earlier this summer - Still a huge change!

2 comments:
Beautiful! I can't wait to see the changes in person!
Thanks! See you soon!
Post a Comment