Monday, February 8, 2016

good list

I'll never know what it is about February, but it's kinda a bummer month, isn't it?  I feel like maybe there is too much little stuff going on that distracts from the regular routine or just piles it on... It's been a notorious month in the past with furnaces breaking and other huge irritations. This month it's just a bunch of little stuff and I should feel grateful so far... but it would be nice if the electrician figures out what's going on with our downstairs lights constantly going out.

I'm helping organize the neighborhood Valentine's Party this weekend.  It's all about "love bugs" and we even have someone from the nature center coming with bugs the kids can hold ;)  We have tons of craft kits to put together before then... This butterfly magnet clip for hanging up kid art etc was designed by Aiden, my helper.

We are moving into the last month stretch with Destination Imagination.  The kids have a full script and they are working on props/scenery.  

GoNoodle continues to be a great energy release for the boys.  The online games, dancing, and funny songs help the kids unlock these funny characters.  They send these funny certificates, like this for Chris Shabob - Hooray for Filet!

The Odd Squad show is a huge hit in our house.  This freeze screen made me laugh because I think each of the kids has an expression that some of us parents had after almost two full weeks of school called off due to weather and holidays - and then they called a delayed start the morning they were supposed to go back!  I felt lucky that my boys were on the good list during that whole bonus break.

No comments: