Tuesday, March 15, 2016

destination imagination

This past Saturday was the Destination Imagination regional tournament.  The Mantuamals were representing again this year in the Rising Stars challenge.  This year it was all about maps in a challenge titled "Change in Direction."  We had so much fun incorporating all their creative ideas and tidbits they'd learned about mapping into a skit called the Search for Acorn Village. They enjoyed the Instant Challenge first thing in the morning - they worked out 3 of the 4 bits that I can't mention since we are sworn to secrecy!  Then they got a chance to enjoy the cake walk this year and Lucy won a bunny cake to share.  We also made all sorts of duct tape creations in the duct tape room. They sweetly gave me flowers and a knit shop gift card for coaching them all year.  I'm going to miss our Monday's after school!  I had so many warm fuzzies on Saturday, and I was really struck with how much older they seem this year versus last year.

No comments: