Thursday, July 26, 2018

mom stuff

So much this summer has felt like a reunion... I've reunited not just with our neighborhood and friends that I cherish, but also new neighbors and fun. Especially fun are new yoga classes four doors up at the pool club, and these new sign painting parties everyone is hosting ;) I also feel like I've reunited with some knitting projects (watch me WIP - work in progress!) that had been hibernating for a long time (thanks to matching yarn I found in Tucson!)  I'm also pumped to get a new clue each week for another mystery knit along - this one is all about texture! I'm calling it a Peacock in the grassy knoll by the water ;)

I was also so lucky to get back in time to help celebrate with my wish kid who had been waiting since this time last year to go to the All-Star MLB game.  Oh, it exceeded his expectations and all of ours in so many ways. He shared the long weekend full of activities with his family and his brother (who donated bone marrow for him). His family is the most grateful, caring, and kind family I've worked with so far, and during the debrief meeting I nearly cried as his mom described how this shy 15 year old was interviewed on live tv with such poise that he even surprised himself. We don't get many chances in life to do something that may seem scary and prove to ourselves that we can do it, and I'm so grateful he had that chance. In their massive thank you note: "To our Wish Granters, for taking the time to know Alex, and for encouraging him so kindly, so that everything about his Wish (including the Wish Kick-Off) matched him perfectly!"

No comments: