Sunday, July 1, 2018
sleepaway camp
Aiden has been pumped for sleep away camp for months since he joined his buddy at the reunion weekend last October. He was joined by three of his buddies from our neighborhood which was very reassuring for him and for me ;) I knew he'd have a great time making memories. He signed up for horseback riding, farm, and drama as his individual activities and had a blast at the cabin activities too. His highlight was playing in the lake on the trampoline, giant slide, and zipline. He also could not get enough of the very nice farmer who lives next door to the camp and invited them all over to help feed his animals every day. I sent him with a camera and he came home with some good shots (and some really shaky video ;) The camp also sends along daily photos so you can get a peek at how it is going which was a highlight for me. Aiden created a fun secret code with me before he left, where a thumbs up meant I absolutely LOVE it here, hands at his sides or behind the back meant it's all good/okay, and a hand on his elbow meant come pick me up ;) So the first time I saw his thumbs up I was so happy to see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment