Sunday, December 9, 2007
big day out
Ok, so maybe three hours out of the house doesn't qualify as a "day" out, but we spent all day planning, pumping, and packing to go out yesterday. I wanted steak and these ridiculous honey butter rolls from that steak place I always forget the name of... I think I need iron, so that explains the steak craving. The honey butter rolls were eaten in moderation especially because Aiden decided he wanted to eat before the second batch arrived. The milk I had pumped into bottles was technically my "sleeping milk" (We've tried to give me between three to four straight hours of sleep a night by pumping a few extra ounces for J to feed him in the first late night feeding), so I instead took him to the clean restroom and stood in the big stall to feed him. We danced around to four country music songs as he ate. It wasn't that much of a pain, but I couldn't help but think that it would be easier to just give him the bottle or feed him with my wrap at the table. I don't know why it would be such a big deal to feed him at the table, but I know some people would raise their eyebrows... but then again with the wrap how would they even know what I'm doing. I think I may just not care and after I've had a chance to practice using my wrap I'm not going to worry about feeding in public. We also made it over to the hospital nursing moms shop because I needed an obscure port cap part for my pump and I picked up some washable nursing pads - which will either be the best new purchase to help the environment or a smelly disaster, the vote is still out. I also picked up some new nursing bras, and somehow in my over tired delirium I picked up a size D sports bra type - Uh, not good, but as it turns out it fits just fine... ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You three are rock stars! Way to go out....has Aiden had the yummy joy of 'tasting' burger king breakfast yet?
more pictures please!!!
Happy 1 1 1 Birthday! Yay!
Post a Comment