Thursday, December 6, 2007

exclamation points


J and I have kept up with the foostinky and foo chart (it's more of a timeline list of all intake and output) since we were in the hospital. It's mostly for me to keep up with which side is primed for feeding based on where I left off last time or how long he worked on which side. We also wanted to be sure he was pooing on track with the doc's expectations. We are supposed to keep track of any color or texture changes, but he's a friend of digestive bacteria and it's always been the requisite yellow ricey poo - I call it rancid grey poupon. We had a system of putting an exclamation point on big pooplosions. We were discussing last night (since we enthusiastically talk about poo over dinner) that we may need to recenter our poo exclamation point system. It's as if every poo deserves a '!' now...oh, and let's not forget that this kid can pee too.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You're gonna miss all this when you go back to work!

Anonymous said...

I love you dearly, but I think I will skip these types of posts :) Hope to meet the little guy one day! How far is it from Georgia?

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

This totally sounds like high school lunch chat. Save the journal for when we come visit :)