Saturday, December 1, 2007

sweet treat

J was sweet enough to give me a super little treat last night! I had almost 4 and a half hours of sleep without interruption. This was after nursing a crazy eater for over an hour (that was a quirky thing for Aiden to do even though he's been eating like a fiend lately, but I think he had heard about our plan to send me off to bed) and pumping about 4 oz earlier in the day (it's been hard to squeeze in the pumping since he is eating nearly nonstop lately). Luckily this bitty bit of milk lasted longer than I could sleep. I woke up completely engorged (with enough to pump and feed) but it was worth it. I immediately pumped and ended up with nearly double what I normally get in a ten minute "session" in about five minutes. It must have been early foremilk because it was greenish! It almost looked like J's icky lemonade drink (in the middle), late night milk on the left and usual pumping session on the right:
This milk is just as freakish as the idea that I'd be truly excited to have less than five straight hours of sleep!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how one can get excited about four and a half hours of sleep and milk that comes out of one's boobs. I was the exact same way.

Liz said...

Happy One Month Birthday little buddy!

Break out the party hats again ; )