Sunday, June 28, 2009

remember

Wow, three weeks ago Aiden finished/quit/forgot how or why he would want to nurse. I remember thinking that this kid would never wean himself and wondering how that was even possible. I can remember when I didn't know if I was going to last three weeks nursing...or even three days. I can remember how dry, cracked, ug... I can remember heading back to work toting my pump and wondering how the heck I was going to manage all that. I can remember having a six month goal that came and went without any of us really noticing. I can remember really being ready to pack away that pump right after he turned one. I can remember thinking that I might have to get that pump back out to relieve the awful engorgement I had two weeks ago. I can remember when the nurse told me that some women continue to produce milk and leak up to a year after they wean. I can remember not being told about any of this reality ;)

No comments: