Saturday, July 25, 2009

bye bye 20

J and I headed over to the glorified Chuckie Cheese for adults, Dave and Busters, last night to "say goodbye to J's twenties" (as quoted by the funny server that brought over the big group to embarrass and sing to him). It was pretty darn fun and eating out without Aiden was a little spoiling treat for both of us. His babysitter rocks so much that he was asleep when we came home too! I can't think of a better way to say good bye to your twenties than beating your wife at some serious games of air hockey and skee ball...right?!

Today Aiden and I skedattled out of the house to give J some extra time to relax in the morning (we visited the paint store to try to start picking a paint color). Then we headed over to the March of Dimes Touch a Truck and watched Aiden giggle as he tromped around all the trucks. We ate lunch out (our standby poor excuse for Mexican), and now we are home relaxing. I came up with another reason I adore my husband: I had to beg him to mow the lawn for him as a gift. Seriously, I had to beg. It was bloody hot out, but it went quicker than I expected. I'm glad that J appreciated it. Now we're on to some more baby wearing out fun...and now that we're getting old I bet it will wear us out too!

No comments: