Um, mama, why did you rip apart the window frame?!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
bye bye barn
To go along with our new entry door, we decided to take the plunge and transform the barn room. The people that fixed up this house loved exposed rough wood. No more barn boards as they started plastering the room on Wednesday morning (ahead of schedule!). I saved us a bunch of money by removing the trim and side boards myself (I was determined!) with what Rebecca teased looked like a pancake spatula (it was actually a mini pry bar). But oh boy, I had to really go after it with all of my strength and J was happy to see how much progress I made. He is teaching his summer high school students (earning the extra bucks we are using for the project), so I was determined that I could do it without buggin him (and someone has to wrangle the baby). He's been a super duper good sport about doing this project (even though he hates this kind of thing) even though technically his house will be ripped apart for his big birthday ;) Aiden loved running around in the big open empty room the night before after I'd finished it all (with some help from my muscle man for the pieces that were really wedged in there).
Um, mama, why did you rip apart the window frame?!
Bye Bye dust collecting, warped, stained, shrunken, seen a better day barn boards:
Day One Progress:
Day Two Progress:
Um, mama, why did you rip apart the window frame?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very impressive construction work there Ms. Lauren! Can't wait to see the final product.
Post a Comment