Baby Ree's (my abbreviated version of Aiden's Scar-reeee nickname) xmas present - a tummy time quilt! Aiden helped me cut and arrange (before Alphie the robot became much more interesting than fabric and I squeaked the sewing in during "rest time" and guitar time with daddy in the evening), and especially helped by boofing on the five outfits used in the quilt so they weren't presentable anymore. But all that fabric - sentimental fabric - couldn't be thrown out. So I started cutting and patched the five outfits together into this quilt. I didn't even realize they had a puppy theme until I started piecing them together. Good job boofing on thematic outfits Aiden ;)
I look forward to adding some initials or something in some of the empty spots. Then trying to quilt the top and add the binding... which I may do by hand since I'm timid with the machine... we'll see...


2 comments:
Wow, I knew Aiden had a good number of talents for a little kid, but I didn't know selective boofing was one of them. I think I have a good coupon at Joanne's. Should I look for some soft feeling and soft blue puppy themed backing material? How much do you need?
Thanks Mom! It would be nice to have a soft fabric back - I think I'd only need about a yard and a half.
Post a Comment