Aiden dubbed this santa, the Library Santa. We went to his favorite library right down the street from his school for their santa and cookies decorating event. When we arrived and I couldn't find a place to park I knew I was in trouble. It seemed that half of Rhode Island showed up for the event. We were able to get into cookie decorating only after a few minutes. Somehow I thought the santa line would die down, but it was only getting worse. I tried to convince Aiden that we didn't need to see a fourth santa, so we could just go home. But someone clued him in that Santa was giving away candy canes and this kid will do a lot for candy. Then a nice librarian gave him one "to hold until after you talk to Santa" - I think she thought she was doing me a favor, but instead it meant that we just-haaaad-to wait in the over 45 minute line to see Santa to "earn" his candy cane. J was at a workshop, so we couldn't split our parenting and have one parent wait in line while Aiden continued to play. So we read Beatrix Potter books and the crazy santa would occasionally jump up and start singing, so we stayed entertained. We went out to a pizzeria for dinner and thumb wrestled while we waited for pizza. While we waited yet again, out of the blue Aiden pulled out his sweet I love you mommy, and it was all totally worth the wait.







4 comments:
Inquiring minds want to know, Did he ask for the Dora House again? SFGH(Santa's friendly grandmother helper)
Nope, no mention of the Dora house. Maybe Santa wants to make an exchange from the overpriced hunk-o-whatever you want to call it?
Aiden looks thoroughly creeped out by that Santa in these photos! He's thinking "quite whispering in my ear ya whackadoodle!"
I think you're right - This santa wins the enthusiasm award, which sometimes approached startling and creepy.
Post a Comment