![]() |
| 30 weeks after date day |
Well, as it turns out this kid is in the 81st percentile for size and according to the pictures he is 8-14 days larger than expected at this point. He's on track to be a big boy like his brother. During the ultrasound, he was actually sitting head down but in an upside down L shape stretching out on both sides. He just needs to stretch up a bit to give him (and me!) a little more room. Their measurements also indicated that the uterus has plenty of space and lotsa fluid ready for him to continue to grow - He needs to use the real estate provided! The ultrasound tech immediately exclaimed how active this little guy is and how wedged in there he manages to get his little face. She gave us ridiculous attempts at photos of his face - There is one up his little nose and the other is a pretty blurry shot.
![]() |
| 31 weeks heading to first photo class |
I was lucky to have a good paying photo gig back at Brown to cover a panel discussion. I delivered 120 photos from the event, so I was pretty active the whole time. I have to say I really try to be inconspicuous while taking photos, but I think despite being dressed in all black, a rounded pregnant lady waddling up and down the aisles was probably anything but inconspicuous.
I've been volunteering as a "pajama volunteer" (which means you don't have to go anywhere and can help out in your pajamas from home) for an organization called Drop In and Decorate. Their goal is to distribute good cheer in the form of cookies to those that are receiving some sort of assistance. I'm helping them research and develop an easy online system for information on the places that accept donations.
![]() |
| 32 weeks before birth class |
At 32 weeks, everything fell into place for both J and I to attend the Women and Infants' Hospital Alternative Birth Center (ABC) all day birth class, thanks to our new babysitter. Aiden loooves her, and was bouncing up and down with excitement as she arrived. It was a good review of everything we already knew and some specific techniques and ideas for the natural birth process. The ABC room itself is not all that much different from the regular rooms, but it does have a queen sized bed and a whirlpool in the room. The hospital tour was the most valuable part since it has really changed a bunch since we were there last time three short years ago. Luckily the construction is all cleared out, so we won't be serenaded by saws and a crying newborn during our stay. I'm looking forward to a different experience in a somewhat familiar place.



4 comments:
i love the bump pics, you look so fab! and i LOVE the mobile you made!
Thanks Erin - J's doing a good job of capturing the same angle and squeaking out that big smile with his funny photog act ;)
I've been thinking about ya a ton as I fill in the nursery - I was betting you'd like the designy mobile ;)
You look great! All belly! I don't remember how you looked with Aiden, but it definitely seems like he's carrying low. Good look with the last few weeks :) We're almost there!!!
Thanks Sarah! It's hard to believe how quickly time has flown by this time. Good, good luck to you too!
Post a Comment