The doctor said that he seemed ready to go for some "playful" solids... This is just the time to get them used to the sensations and the swallowing, etc. So we headed straight for the grocery for some oats... The doctor also suggested skipping the rice since it constipates. I dug out my hand pump and as he nursed I collected some milk to mix with the oats (I can handle pumping with that little hand pump, but I'm still aiming to avoid that electric pump if at all possible this time around! We'll see since I have 7 more months until whole milk is on the horizon)
The milky oats really seemed to go over well. He was his calm smiley self most of the time and thought we were pretty funny for making lip smacks at him. He sorta got the hang of munching at the spoon and probably gobbled more than half... the other half was all over his puppy bib that Aiden had found for him to use.
He made Aiden laugh by trying to devour his hands whenever the spoon wasn't available. Most of the time he just wanted to lean over and grab his little toes. I think the bumbo was the perfect seat for a first bite.








No comments:
Post a Comment