I have very vivid memories of driving away from my very loving grandparent's house as a little kid. The windows were usually open and we were giddy to throw and catch kisses from our smiling grandparents. I'd probably just spent time helping make some of Grandma's famous cinnamon applesauce, tapping away on the piano pretending to play from my Grandma's choir music, or visiting my Grandma's childhood dolls that lived in a carefully organized box by the laundry.
This week KC learned to throw his first kisses and my lovely grandmother passed away peacefully. She was proud to be a gigi, a grandma, a mother, and a wife and we are proud to say she was ours. When we said goodbye at the holiday she caught our last kisses with her sweet grace and smile. She is now at peace and we are throwing her kisses from afar. I'm comforted thinking she is happily catching them alongside my grandpa.

1 comment:
I'm so sorry for your loss... If there's anything we can do, please let us know. {{{hugs}}}
Post a Comment