Sunday, January 1, 2012

so bright

I figured out how to describe 2011. It was so bright it was blinding. There were so many bright spots, welcoming a new healthy bundle of boy and navigating a smooth move amongst the largest. But I was happy to see this year fly by. There was just so many stresses that kept coming back usually related to random natural disasters and extreme weather. Stress felt like a cockroach that I just couldn't smash. It kept creeping back in just as I relaxed. But in the end 2011 left us with a warm feeling literally and figuratively. So far my mild winter wish is on target. I would like to extend that wish to a mild 2012. I even stayed up to watch the ball drop and smash 2011 into the ground one last time. Being surrounded by new friends, comfort food (chocolate was a food group for our potluck), and a general warm feeling rounded out quite a bright year. Thanks to everyone who helped make 2011 bright and thanks in advance for helping us take it easy in 2012.

No comments: