Wednesday, April 25, 2012

sampler sweater

My car pool, late night knit sampler sweater is complete! I started the sweater officially on February 15, and two months later it's complete. In stolen moments these knits and purls were eeked out while KC snoozed in the car while we waited to get his brother or nights when I stayed up too late or during long car rides on the weekend or while my folks were here keeping the boys happy or during my hour and a half six classes up the street or even while nursing the big boy with my hands free! The pattern was developed by this women up the street and it gives a great overview of some nice looking stitches. I snuck in some extra tips from her by bringing in some of the little knit toys too. It will hopefully be the perfect fit for KC once the fall sweater weather rolls around.

10 comments:

Anna said...

I am super impressed! You go girl

LB said...

You should learn! It's so relaxing! My teacher gave us some good youtube videos and you could probably learn everything from them...let me know if you want the links... You know, for all the knits you need in Hawaii ;) ha!

Pop Pop said...

Great sweater and adorable little boy model. PopPop and GranGran

LB said...

Thanks! Can't wait until that 24 inch chest fits him ;)

K8 said...

Wow, you made that? SCORE! Great work!

LB said...

Thanks - Now I can make presents ;)

lulu said...

Just beautiful. Your grandma JDH would be so impressed too. I might take you up on knitting links. Maybe a possible diversion from reading on our sailing trips. How's yarn in the salt air? lol

LB said...

Thanks! I think knitting and sailing would be the perfect relaxation recipe! I'll send you the links she shared ;)

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

Really beautiful Lauren - love the color too!

LB said...

Thanks! The iphone picked three different colors, but it's a nice neutral green.