Thanks to the DC Scoop it was all smiles after we worked our way through a little bit of DC traffic to the new Union Market. There were ice cream trucks set up all around with a contest to win the DC Golden Scoop. The samples were awesome with a ticket to vote for your favorite. Mine was a tie between the honey graham cracker ice cream and pumpkin pie custard - can you tell I like some spice in my cream? The various exotic flavors, like ginger lime and salted watermelon, sometimes can't compete with a really good chocolate, and there were a bunch of those. The highlight though came when Aiden was selected as lucky number 7 to compete in the kid's ice cream eating contest for 8 and unders. A big 8 year old won, but Aiden sure did hold his own as you will see in the video below. I know I'm his mom, but I think he won Most Enthusiastic ;) He was pretty excited to keep his shirt, with ice cream dribbles and all.



No comments:
Post a Comment