Thanks to my folks and J for birthday art I feel like we spiffed up our home. This time last year we had just moved here and sorta plopped everything down and hung things on existing nail holes. Now I feel like we have a more lived in spot with some art that makes me smile when I pass by. My mom helped me pick the photo of the white flowers which was actually from a trip to Portland many moons ago. I also have a love affair with Charley Harper and my folks brought the Penitentiary Glen poster from Ohio. I paired it with some cutouts from his book, another birthday gift. The little painted birds on the mantle are also Charley from a kid craft kit Aiden and I painted together. In our bedroom, there is a new set of five canvas which is a split of a large photograph the artist painted over a bit. My sentimental addition to one of the bedroom shelves is a collection of outgrown shoes from my big boys. I also finally hung up my YES letters in my craft room wrapping around the corner. We also got the outside spiffed up recently and I can't believe what a difference it made! The wirey bushes are a little less wirey... See the before and after over to the left.Friday, September 7, 2012
spiffed
Thanks to my folks and J for birthday art I feel like we spiffed up our home. This time last year we had just moved here and sorta plopped everything down and hung things on existing nail holes. Now I feel like we have a more lived in spot with some art that makes me smile when I pass by. My mom helped me pick the photo of the white flowers which was actually from a trip to Portland many moons ago. I also have a love affair with Charley Harper and my folks brought the Penitentiary Glen poster from Ohio. I paired it with some cutouts from his book, another birthday gift. The little painted birds on the mantle are also Charley from a kid craft kit Aiden and I painted together. In our bedroom, there is a new set of five canvas which is a split of a large photograph the artist painted over a bit. My sentimental addition to one of the bedroom shelves is a collection of outgrown shoes from my big boys. I also finally hung up my YES letters in my craft room wrapping around the corner. We also got the outside spiffed up recently and I can't believe what a difference it made! The wirey bushes are a little less wirey... See the before and after over to the left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment