Sunday, July 13, 2014

tidbits

Tidbits from some summer days… 

We put up our paw print for completed summer reading (Aiden wonders why only 15 books?!)  

Friends over for legos!  Mess contained on that sheet, sorta...

The four day a week walk to tennis practice, which Aiden is loving even on the hottest days.  He pours water into his hat and flips it on his head to stay cool.

Interrupting dad for hugs while he works from home after his class.  Teaching this summer has bonuses.  
Aiden found these peg guy ideas on Frugal Fun for Boys and he immediately wanted to make some ninjas.  Those guys with the knight sword stickers aren't nearly as charming as the King and Queen with flower pot hats and the three doggie friends.  They worked on painting them in stages over at least four shirtless hours (acrylic paint!).  The ninjas have their own kingdom to protect too.

Another hit from the frugal fun site, was the box foosball table that works surprisingly well!

I'm Keaton's class room parent next year, so we hosted almost all the three year olds (yay!) at the library for a Big Build event (very specific rules not to post photos of any other kids from his class are part of our coop contract).  Aiden created a movie theater with a parking lot, seating, giant popcorn, ticket booth, and a screen featuring Spiderman and a preview ad all about pies (cut from cereal box and a pie cutter box).  Keaton was passing out his custom telescopes (aka. toilet paper rolls with a little bit of tape added) to everyone.

A new cactus wreath - summery! - I shouldn't admit that I still had my evergreen wreath up at Keaton's birthday because I couldn't find a wreath I liked.  So this feels like an accomplishment ;)

No comments: