The last week before school let out was full of treats and fun surprises.
I got a nice gift card from my inlaws (thanks!) and I bought a laminator! Best purchase ever! I started by taking good care of all our handprint turkeys I saved from 2013 and 2014. They are all nicely laminated and ready to hang year after year!
These ornaments that Aiden and Keaton brought home added to our really nice collection of smiley faces on our tree.
Some quick smiles with from the big batch of photos of Keaton at school this past week. He loved playing in boxes in the activity room.
I was in charge of Aiden's class party at the end of the week, and he helped me prepare all sorts of fun treats. We played a "feed the snow monster" game with that cardboard monstrosity Aiden helped make, cotton balls, and squirt bottle. The kids made their own snow in test tubes using a special powder, crafted picture frames, snowmen with cotton and egg cartons, reindeer with candy cane antlers. The hit was "guess what's in the stocking" and whoever guessed correctly won the object as a prize. The second favorite was the "dance like a penguin" contest where they had to hold a bean bag in between their knees while grooving. It's so simple to have fun with a big group of first and second graders!

We had a series of playdates with Keaton's friends and if you asked Keaton he would definitely tell you that bed forts are his favorite.
This hippo gift was such a treat. I didn't realize they had a nice kiln at Aiden's school, and I genuinely love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment