Friday, February 6, 2015

tidbits

Where did January go anyway?!  I guess between all the snow days, holidays, teacher workdays, and our FL trip it sorta flew by… I have a new client at work that is in FL, so she shoots more winter weddings, woot!  Outside of working and pretty much not going to school, Keaton had another bout of croup.  The steroids make him nutso, but I'm so grateful that they do the job and bring his smile back pretty quickly… but going to the germy doctor is not my idea of a good time, although he seems to love being a patient.

Aiden's spelling program at school is called FUNdations and boy does he have fun writing his sentences and mapping the words.  The words follow different rules each week, and I have to say that I'm learning more about why words are spelled the way they are!
The D estination Imagination team is getting geared up!  This month is the countdown to the challenge and the Mantuamals are making their team sign and writing a script for their combo animal: The Frowl!

I'm on a hunt for a new dining table and I'm super grateful to furniture stores with giant duplo tables… but no luck finding a table yet...
Keaton managed to be healthy for his favorite day at school each year - hibernation day!  They got to wear jammies to school and bring a special stuffed friend.  The bear ears were adorable while they had fresh pancakes for snack.

Early morning games in bed keeping everyone happy…

Aiden has a big retelling project at school (sorta a book report, but they actually retell the story) where he was asked to make props to tell the story.  He picked the Great Kapok Tree (which you may remember from this mini camp performance with a four year old Aiden: http://ababybrennan.blogspot.com/2012/07/kapok-tree.html)  He worked really hard on the tree shirt and all the animals that come down from the tree that he formed out of Model Magic.  He has them all hanging on a brown cord in the order of appearance in the story.  


No comments: