Tuesday, May 19, 2015

party people

It's spring party season and I've lost track of all the parties lately. Keaton's favorite was the very well run My Gym type party where the kids get nice and tired running around for an hour playing on safe stuff. Aiden's favorites are the backyard bash variety where the kids run pretty wild. Aiden's parties are usually drop off optional, but if I don't know the family that well, I stay for a bit. One was a survivalist theme which is only a little bit funny. The 20 foot tall zip line where you stopped by slamming into a tree (hopefully with your feet but Aiden managed to flip and hit his back one time and my blood pressure peaked), then they beat the thunderstorm on their creek walk (they went into the sewer tunnel and the graffiti had some choice words), and stayed safe around the fire pit roasting their dinner. I think I was the only parent with a little spike in my blood pressure, but Aiden was probably the youngest guy there. Another favorite was a big water fight with an inflatable water slide, water guns galore, and eventually a lot of mud. I don't usually get pictures from the parties, but I did get these...

No comments: