Sunday, May 17, 2015

tidbits

I should just start titling these tidbits sections... but geesh they are such random bits I want to remember.

We had our first hose day outside... Keaton was not interested in keeping anything wet on his body, not even a swimsuit... Um, I think the water was just too cold. Swimsuits not optional at the pool club.

Aiden's drawing class is really a big hit. He brought home this schnazzy flying duck last time.

We hosted a goodbye picnic at Keaton's school for some of the teachers that are moving on... Keaton kept the duo bike taxi in service for a big chunk of the patio party.  Love the nice party weather!
The watermelon that jumped out of my trunk made a double helix pattern of juice down the drive as I chased after it.  It landed at the end of the drive in two halves and I salvaged what I could while laughing. If that was the worst thing that happened that day, it was going to be an ok day... But pretty much sums up some days when J is out of town or any day really...just laugh and salvage what I can of my sanity.

Robot cat drawing!  Speaks for itself.

There are a few more weeks in what is likely to be Keaton's last music class. Next year he will go to school five mornings a week and it's tricky to fit in afternoon classes.  He's been hugging this same blue bear for the past three years and I'll be pretty sad when he hugs him one last time.  It's the end of an era...and boy, I'm getting sappy but it will be my last kiddie music class too... J and I made it out to see the Ben Stiller movie While We're Young and the scene where the wife visits the kid's music performance and is overwhelmed by it and has to leave really made me laugh because it's so, so true.

The bus stop has been full of tiny ants, so these funny guys sat down next to them and started naming them. Aiden says to his friend, "Dude, don't step on Jason!" His friend says "Isn't that your dad's name?" And I remember my thought that this could all just be a really bad sitcom... Aaaand scene.

No comments: