Saturday, December 1, 2007

big boy bath

Aiden has a completely healed big boy belly button now, so we decided that 4 weeks of sponge baths had to come to an end. We were going to tell him to go hop in the shower and take care of himself, but we decided to use the new baby tub to pamper him some more. I want a tub that has a hammock sling that suspends me above the warm water. It even has a head rest - gosh darnit! We managed to get the hippo wash wand to cooperate. It's pink cheeks turn white if the water is too hot - brilliant! The video below has a hammock chillin baby unsure of his first bath followed by a little fussy baby sliding around on his wet hammock.

Hmm, you've probably heard about tummy time. I'd read about it and seen adorable videos of my friends' kids playing on their tummies. We have a book that says to start doing it right away for a few minutes a day. Now I don't expect Aiden to be into olympic tummy time, but he doesn't seem to like it much. He will look at me from the corner of his eye like I'm some sort of nutcase putting him on his tummy. I googled what to do to help your kid with tummy time and they suggested a soft blanket under him to help him prop up, which I think just mucked it up even more(see the end of this video). Anyone have any tummy time suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!

Bonnie said...

He's adorable. And so handsome! I think he's doing fine with holding his head up so early. The tree is beautiful, too.

Lovely videos!

Bonnie said...

PS I LOVE the yellow bathrobe!

Unknown said...

Great job big boy!! Kayley liked having tummy time on her boppy. :-) Can't wait to see you all soon!

Amanda Shea said...

I don't really know much about tummy time except that some little guys love it and some can't stand it! I know that sometimes when I am photographing new babies...but usually 2-3 months old, I put them on a boppy on their belly...with their arms tucked under the front of them...so their head is propped up a little bit...and then their belly and legs sort of fall into the donut hole of the boppy. I'm sure this isn't exactly tummy time but it seems to sometimes get them used to not being on their back all the time. : )

~Amanda