Tuesday, December 4, 2007

the sweetest things

the sweetest things:

--aiden holding my finger, sometimes with both hands as I feed him

--the little uhhum noise he makes when he's finished eating

--when his pj are too big and the little footies are pointing the wrong direction

--his fuzzy hair gets even fuzzier and softer after his bath

--aiden nursing with one sleepy, but alert eye open

--chicken legs that suddenly kick out when the ripe diaper opens up

--the messy diapers that smell like cinnamon toast and eggs

--a milk mustache on a sleepy face

--aiden looking around in a bobblehead heapy squat in dad's bouncy lap

--big yawns with the skinny little neck coming out of its folds

--the look on his hungry little face when he gives daddy's scratchy face "a kiss" (aka an attempt to nurse)

--when his arms reach out for a hug when he's done with a diaper change

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

All ... so sweet. Yet, I used to LIKE the smell of cinnamon toast and eggs!

coviatt said...

You had to go and mention all the sweet things that I am missing. I have an acute case of Aiden Deprivation. I think what I miss most are his cute little noises. I hope we have some of them taped for posterity. Gran