The past two weekends have been spent with other families. We hardly realized how many friends we have with young kids, until we were able to see just about everyone in the past two weeks. It's fun to get to know new people and we've realized that we are really being introduced through our kids. There are families that met through birth classes and school, and my preggers buddies that also work at Brown. It's amazing how easy it is to meet friends through friends that all have at least one similar interest - our kids!
Last weekend my friend was over with her husband (J's concert/music buddy) and two kids. I love to see how her three year old reacts to things because everytime I'm around a kid that age I learn something new. My favorite funny question: "Where are all the cool toys?" And to really make us laugh: I'd just given her a bowl of cheerios and her mom said, what do you say? And she replied, "that's not enough..." This little girl is a particular favorite of mine, and she realyl made me smile when she asked her mom if she could sit in my lap. I replied with oh sure, come on over, while Aiden played nicely on the floor. She hopped in my lap and Aiden just melted into a little ball of jealous sadness. Poor jealous baby got over it pretty quickly though when his piano started a new song and let me continue to hold her. He's continued his streak of whimpering jealousy when J and I happen to be holding other babies, but I think he's getting over it.
We went to a Rock Band 2 party which the boys were particularly excited about. They even had rock tshirts for the little kids. Aiden loved rocking right along with them, and since I was the band babysitter I got to dance (aka run after toddlers) for a couple hours. We then had a day that was more my speed cruising the awesome outlets not too far from here. We had three little ones that napped in different intervals in their strollers. We hopped between all the kiddy stores and had a pretty relaxing time all around.
My friend that made Aiden this adorable quilt invited us to their summer project quilt reveal. Aiden and I cruised there and he was not happy on the car ride. I was afraid that I wasn't goin to get a chance to see the quilts, but lucky for me, once we got in there he was happy as clam to smile at all the nice ladies and giggle with his little two year old friend. His favorite new thing is to put his chin really high in the air and wave with his arm extended way out like he's in a parade. As we left the quilt show, he was waving like that to all the funny ladies! It was such a great sense of community. I just wish I had an extra set of arms and eyes, so I could quilt and play with Aiden. Some day...
No comments:
Post a Comment