Tuesday, January 20, 2009

debrief

Today is a day which will hopefully align our history and our hope.  I edited (reading the same passage over and over) and had the inauguration on in the background. Aiden was going down for a nap with his nanny whimpering from some recent teething pain. I was peeking over my laptop at the inauguration and couldn't help but think that Aiden was protesting because he wanted to watch the historical oath. It was moving to see all the people collected to share the moment.    

It is hard to believe that the election is complete and we have a new president. It sure does feel like this year is flyin...  Aiden's nanny arrived today and kept remarking that he seemed taller even from last Friday. I think it's all the "fast feet" dancing that we did this past weekend. So here's a debrief from our nice long weekend: I kicked off the weekend with my first winter session RISD class focused on digital printing. It seems like it will be definitely worth the time away and I'll be learning many new things about the printing process (oh, chemistry!). Then we had brunch with friends who are hardy skier types that made it to us with the many inches of snow falling. It kept going even after they all skedattled. J dug out to drive up to Boston with his buddy for the Metallica concert leaving Aiden and I home alone to dance, skype, nibble and cuddle. He made it back safely at 2am despite the yicky snow storm I kept trying to ignore and he was razzed up, which made all the mild worry worth it.

We started to thaw out a bit on Monday, and while we were out we saw folks without coats in the balmy 30 degree weather - there were even two little girls without coats in flipflops surrounded by the melting snow! We kept our cozy coats on to get some schtuff done. There was some cooking, some shopping (a new used amp so that we can hear the drum set now), some cleaning (I actually cleared out Aiden's unused bassinet from our bedroom. Even though it couldn't possibly be sentimental because he slept in it no more than 3 hours, I had a hard time moving out of our room. Was it because it was admitting he wasn't a little baby anymore, well uh?! Or maybe I just liked using it as a clean laundry bin.), and some photo organizing (getting especially excited by the digital prints of our wedding photos - an awesome present from my folks - thanks!). A very typical extra weekend day for me...now it's time for a short week.

No comments: