(sorry about the scanned in photos, my camera will not connect with my computer which is traumatic... but i do have this little canon printer where I can plug the flash card in directly, print them, and then scan them. oooh, what i do for some visuals ;)
One of my oldest friends (hard to believe we've known each other for 15 years!) visited this weekend! Aiden was showing off his playful energy and skipped naps just because he loved giggling with his visitors. We snagged them from the train station (since they were on an east coast extravaganza coming all the way from Oregon) and went straight to snowy Newport to catch the tail end of the xmas decorations at the Breakers. Aiden had skipped his morning nap, so he napped in the car with J while we toured the big fancy mansion, so unfortunately we missed Aiden oooing and awwing at everything... but i think that we oooed enough for ourselves. Then we headed to the Newport Winery for a tasting. The owner gave Aiden a soccer ball to kick around (in his shop with all the wine bottles that is very brave, but it was a good distraction for him). Then we headed back home for some play time and rocking out to guitar hero (which Aiden likes to dance to and his fist pounding makes me giggle every time). The next morning we toured around Brown a little, had a nice brunch, toured around Roger Williams Park, and had a carousel ride! Aiden wasn't so sure about the carousel, so this time we sat in the seats and watched everybody riding which I think helped him be more comfortable. K and K found an awesome new hippo friend for Aiden at FAO Schwartz in NYC - thanks so much for adding to our hippo collection - so thoughtful!Yesterday was Aiden's first day with his new nanny. I expected that he might sleep late like we've been in the habit of over the break (you know sleep late means 8:00am...), but he was up around the same time I bounced out of bed sorta discombobulated...not sure what to wear because all my work clothes were buried by my comfy cuddle duds...and just generally trying to get myself motivated for what would feel like a looong day. I had sifted through my email a bit already, so I knew what I was in for...but it did feel like I was in slow motion all day. Aiden clearly didn't want me to leave for work because he peed all over my work pants right before I was ready to leave. Then I realized my car was covered in an inch of ice. Then when I finally arrived at work, I slipped on the ice next to my car. Yep, it was one of those days.
J was with Aiden until Rebecca arrived for her first day at her "new job" - It seems strange to think that this is a "job" for her. She seemed excited to start her new gig and even posted her excitement on facebook. J gave her a rundown and a quick tour of things, but it's really not that easy to introduce someone to your house, routine, and expectations all at one time. I think she had a nice day with him and she even kept track of his daily just like at school. J beat me home, so I just caught her leaving as I arrived home, and the highlights she mentioned were that they went outside to play in the snow (where Aiden did his Christmas Story snowsuit gig), had fun drumming, and playing hide and seek around the corners. I guess he was really into leading her around the house and showing her all his stuff. The biggest accomplishment was that he took two really good solid naps right on schedule. We used one of the crib mattresses we have as a "cot" and he seemed to like it. I think since he's been on a cot at school for so long he is used to that with Rebecca. A two hour Gymboree play gym is added to the mix today which I bet will help break up the day for both of them. She's going to do a snowman theme of activities with him the rest of the week too. Overall, Aiden seemed really well rested and happy to play when I got home (versus a normal daycare Monday where he would've napped less and would've come home super tired). I just have more peace of mind knowing that he's safe and sound at home.
3 comments:
aunt KTB is a natural! looks like you guys had a blast!
It was great to see you and to meet Aiden. Thanks for being such a wonderful host! I'm glad that the new nanny situation is working out. :)
No mention of Aiden biting your foot. That was the highlight of the trip for me.
Post a Comment