Tuesday, January 13, 2009

soft start

This year is off to a nice slow start so far...just the way I like it after a nice rejuvenating break. We had three awesome days with our new nanny at home, it's hard to believe how much easier our morning routine is now without having to drop the baby at school. I was a little bit worried about my work from home arrangement with the nanny in the house with him, but it worked out really smoothly and he didn't even know I was upstairs. Phew, because I was going to be sad if I had to give up working in my jammies because Aiden fussed for me at the stairwell all day.

Then after just three days back I was on vacation again (since I had vacation time that I was obligated to use we decided to have a second holiday and help my mom celebrate her birthday!). It's always such a treat to see all of my family. Trip highlights included helping my sister find the perrrfect wedding dress (while J and A literally ran around the store and my dad looked like he was ready to fall asleep), watching the over foot of snow fall for hours, giggling with Aiden over the lights (his new favorite sign) going on and off on the dining room chandelier, and imitating a sumo wrestler with uncle David.

I am so grateful for my mom for pulling together all the meals and especially for teaching Aiden new songs. My dad was even able to charm the Aiden fussmeister and he quickly started calling everyone PopPop and giving the sign for grandpa. My sister was the all-star baby whisperer and she was able to help get him down to sleep during all the hustle and bustle. He learned new signs not just for PopPop, but GranGran taught him the under the chin wave, auntie Liz gets the fist to the nose, and Uncle Bill two thumbs up with a big grunt. We got to see all of the Ohio crew and we are so thankful for all the hugs and presents. Can't wait for the next quick trip...

Aiden continues to be the master airplane kid. On the second flight he was awake the whole time excited by the flashy lights outside and the light over our seat. On the first flight, not a single peep as he read books as everyone boarded, then he was asleep in my arms almost the entire flight. The people around us twice now have openly admitted that they were "worried" but he "deserved a treat for being so good"... Oh, he has plenty of new treats ;) thanks to everyone...




No comments: