I've been mulling over creating a little play kitchen for Aiden to test drive...uhhmm, for mommy to play with... ever since I saw a bunch on ohdeedoh posted that were created with parts from Ikea. So, as a little mother's day treat, J agreed to drive up to Ikea on this rainy day and let me scavenge around. (We also had our share of swedish meatballs) J had a good idea to use a cork trivet for the burners, but we ended up finding these rubbery soap holders that are even more realistic looking and just the right size. There were also rubbery knobs that match and they turn, which so far is Aiden's favorite part.
Ingredients: A european sandwich plate for the cutting board area, the perfect sized bowl for the sink, a pillow case double pleated for the skirt, a perfectly sized bedside table, $22 dollars and 2 hours alone in the basement while Aiden went to the Children's Museum with Dad. I find it hard to believe that it took me nearly two hours to drill four holes, jigsaw the circle for the sink, stitch the little skirt, and assemble the table, but it seemed a lot quicker than that... maybe because I was excited ;)
1 comment:
I love this idea!
Post a Comment