Saturday, July 25, 2009

happy 30th

Happy 30th J!
A few of the simple reasons I adore you:
1. On our honeymoon you were able to understand me gurgling to you underwater that there was a turtle and then I watched you gently swim with it.
2. You always leave the last cookie bite for me.
3. You took the early night shift with our baby for months or was that years?
4. You have sweet, well trained guitar picking fingers.
5. You told me I love you just days after meeting me by singing me a song.
6. You give good massages - even quick scratches walking down the grocery aisle are heaven.
7. You were emotional when we rehearsed our wedding ceremony.
8. You are very good at remembering and finding things.
9. When that bad CTY kid made a run for it, you caught up with him.
10. You order just about the same thing every time you visit a restaurant.
11. It takes you about thirty boxes to fit all of your books.
12. You look nice in a suit or a crazy matching set of xmas jammies.
13. If people ask you what you do, you tell them you're a philosopher.
14. You’re helpful especially to people who don't speak english in airports or fall down on escalators.
15. You put up with my smelly peanut butter and banana bread baking.
16. You are always sure to smell good.
17. You teach people how to be better thinkers.
18. You always have something interesting to talk about.
19. You said wow as I gave birth to our son.
20. You take quick showers.
21. You let Aiden play your precious guitars.
22. I have never had to ask you to do the dishes.
23. You prefer to drive with loud music, but you'll turn it down for family trips.
24. You preface talking about guitars by warning me whether it is something you want to buy.
25. You buy exercise bikes and use them so often that they break.
26. You are a pretty good wall painter even though you hate it and you rock at taking down wallpaper.
27. You replay bits of guitar songs even when you make unnoticeable mistakes.
28. You avoid eating onions so you can give kisses.
29. You have worn the same style black shoe since I've known you.
30. If our little boy grows up to be exactly like you, I’ll be proud.

2 comments:

K8 said...

Happy 30th!

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

Happy Birthday J!

Lauren that is such a sweet dedication to your hubby...I admit I got a little teary by #30.